Rigid inflatable boats, yacht tenders, in conjunction with yacht ownership create an unparalleled nautical experience. They make more activities and areas accessible to yacht owners and make it easier and more pleasurable to get to and from your yacht. Before starting your search for tenders for sale, it’s important to understand how to properly care for one. Following a short list of simple tips can keep your yacht tender functional for years to come.
Maintaining a Tender
- Give it a thorough rinse with fresh water after every use, and tend to any scuffs immediately. Be sure to use a soft-bristle boat brush and some quality soap. This will ensure your boat looks as good as new and will prevent buildup that could erode the material over time.
- Regularly clean the inside of your vessel. Ensure debris left behind by your passengers is picked up, and any spills are cleaned up immediately so that they do not permanently stain.
- Keep oils off of the material as much as possible. Use a towel when you lie on the boat to sunbathe and wipe up any spills immediately. It’s especially important to clean fuel spills thoroughly.
- Keep the tender covered and out of the sun when not in use. Protecting it from harsh UV rays and other elements can extend its life by years. It also reduces the need for cleaning between uses. A high-quality cover can be purchased for a few hundred dollars.
- Treat the inflatable with protectants. There are sunscreens and other protective substances designed for use on inflatables. These can keep the vessel looking great, and will make it last a lot longer too.
- Schedule routine maintenance. Ensure you are protecting your investment by setting up regular maintenance appointments. Reputable dealers such as Nautical Ventures perform everything from scheduled maintenance and common boat repairs to repainting and Hypalon tube repair. Take your boat to a dealer and spend less time fixing your vessel and more time out on the water.
Yacht Tender for Sale Near Me
At Nautical Ventures we are proud to be a leading source for boats in Dania Beach and North Palm Beach. Our knowledgeable professionals can help you find the perfect vessel and equipment to get the most enjoyment out of your time on the water. We have three locations for your convenience. See us today in Dania Beach, Palm Beach, or Riviera Beach.