Top 10 of the most expensive yachts in the world (NEW 2016-2017)
The biggest and most luxurious private yachts owned by the world’s richest billionaires.
Fitted with double helipads, elevators, multiple swimming pools and high class military defense systems.
Top 10 list:
10. Project Omar – $263 million; owned by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, one of Russia’s richest man with a net worth of $12.8 billion
A 511 feet mega yacht, launched in 2016, one of the world”s largest yachts measured by volume, a replacement for his previous superyacht Dilbar, build at the Lurssen shipyard in Germany
9. Pelorus – $300 million; Currently owned by Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (United Arab Emirates)
A 377 feet superyacht launched in 2003, previously owned by Roman Abramovich and David Geffen, fitted with two helicopter pads, and a 46 man fulltime crew, build at the Lurssen shipyard in Germany
8. Al Said- $300 million; owned by the Sultan of Oman Qaboos Bin Said al Said
A 510 feet megayacht launched in 2007, one of the world’s most powerfull private yachts with a 22,000 hp propulsion, holds up to 70 guests and a 154 man crew
7. Radiant – $320 million; owned by Abdulla Hamad Al Futtaim of the United Arab Emirates
With a length of 361 feet, one of the smaller yachts in this list, originally build for Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky, features a helipad, swimming deck and a cinema, high security features including sonic guns and a military water canon
6. Serene – $330 million; owned by Russian vodka titan Yuri Scheffler
A 440 feet megayacht, launched in 2011 by Fincantieri Yachts, with 7 decks and a 50,000 square feet of interior space, including 12 cabins which houses 24 guests and a 52 man crew, including two helicopter platforms, storage for a submarine and an internal sea water pool and equipped with turquoise neon lights
5. Dubai – $350 million owned by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai
With 531 feet one of the longest yachts in the list, launched in 2006 by Platinum Yachts, with seven decks, a swimming pool, and a helicopter pad, holds up to 72 guests and a 88 man crew
4. Sailing Yacht A – $377 million; owned by Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko (net worth $9 billion)
The world’s biggest sailing ship with a length of 468 feet, upgraded from his already enormous yacht: Motor yacht A, the yacht’s main mast rises nearly 300 feet, includes a glass underwater observation pod, the yacht’s 8 decks are connected by multiple elevators
3. Topaz – $520 million; owned by Abu Dhabi royal Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (owner of Manchester City)
The 482 foot yacht was build in 2012, designed by British luxury yacht designer Tim Heywood, features two helicopter landing pads, also includes a fitness hall, cinema and a large conference room, equiped with jet skis, a catamaran, and a mini-submarine, the 8 decks are connected by several elevators
2. Azzam – $600 million; owned by Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi
With 590 feet the longest private yacht in the world, close to two football fields in length, despite its size able to top speeds of over 30 knots (35 mph), features a bulletproof master suite and a missile defense system, larger than some commercial cruise ships.
1. Eclipse – over $1 billion; owned by Russian multi billionaire Roman Abramovich
The Eclipse is 536 feet in length and 72 feet wide, carries a crew of 70 and houses 36 guests in 18 cabins, constructed by Blohm and Voss and finished in 2010, fitted with bulletproof glass and a missile defense system, its running costs are around $75 million a year, features two helicopter pads, two swimming pools and a mini submarine.
Bonus: Streets of Monaco
Please like and/or subscribe for more
Music: Riding by Silent partner
Youtube audio library