We are currently running two different photo contests for a pair of Star Rods surf combos; one for Facebook and one for Instagram. Details on how you can enter each contest can be found at TheFisherman.com, so check it out and be sure to follow the instructions for your chance to win.
• With the waters of Long Island Sound warming up, we are starting to hear of more and more southern visitors being landed. Brad Keltonic caught three huge triggerfish while fishing off Black Point last week with each fish weighing over 4 pounds.
• Also becoming quite common in the Sound lately are northern kingfish which are often caught by anglers fishing for scup. I received a picture of one of several landed by Trey Seekins this week while fishing in the Mystic River. These fish make both excellent table fare as well as live bait for striped bass so don’t be afraid to take a few if a school moves into your scup spot.
• While the bass bite around Block remains ok – the bigger fish seem to be up in MA or down off Montauk – bottom fishing remains lights-out. Awesome catches of fluke, black sea bass and scup are being made all around the state.
• There is still a decent bite around the Dump for bluefin with some boats reporting as many as five hook-ups per outing. Capt Tom Logan of Fish On Charters put his clients onto a solid 54-inch fish this week and some boats report finding white marlin, wahoo and yellowfin just south of the Dump.
• I received a picture of a hefty bluefish landed by subscriber Dave Altrich that he landed while fishing in Buzzards Bay. I am getting word of good catches of blues there plus mixed bottom fish like fluke, scup and sea bass.
• There is still a pretty good striper bite off the backside of the Cape with fish into the 30-pound class being reported. Subscriber Alan Sharaf was out with Got Stryper Charters and landed bunch of fish to 30-plus pounds on topwater plugs. There are still large schools of pogies in that area holding the bass for now.
First video about the cast net fishing in Italy Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3y3Ru6oJqo. source