As you read about the health benefits of boating, you’ll learn:
- As you focus on boat health, you’ll naturally start to enjoy more healthy living of your own.
- Boating is great for anxiety and stress relief, and many captains report that they feel their problems start to fade away as they get further from the shore.
- The many health benefits of owning a boat help people think of it as a guilt-free investment, which is just one more reason to buy a boat.
Why You Should Buy a Boat
Many people who visit our marine superstore and marina say they enjoy their time on the water as much as just about anything else in life. From exciting activities like fishing and water sports to relaxing dinner cruises and overnight getaways, boat ownership has a lot to offer for people from all walks of life. Of course, some might hesitate to buy a new boat because they don’t want to commit to the cost, or they receive resistance from other important people in their lives who don’t think it’s a good investment. The truth is that there are several great health benefits to owning a boat.
Fun and Recreation
It almost sounds funny to say that having fun comes with health benefits, but it’s the truth, especially at a time when so many people feel like they’re trapped in the rat race of work or other obligations. Getting out on the water is a great way to unwind, get some stress relief, and take a break from all of the anxiety that comes with a demanding schedule. If you’ve ever been on a boat before, you probably already know just how fun it can be.
There are so many different ways to have fun on a boat:
- Participate in physical activities like skiing, swimming, wakeboarding, and more. This is exhilarating, and it’s also good for your body and mind to get active every once in a while, especially if you work in an office or have a sedentary lifestyle.
- Go fishing. There’s no shortage of great fishing spots here in South Florida, and you’ll have almost unlimited access to them when you have your own boat. The excitement and challenge of landing a legendary catch might just be enough to make your problems feel small and distant. Even the time spent waiting for the fish to bite can be peaceful and meditative.
- Take in the sights and sounds. The Florida coast is one of the most gorgeous places on Earth, and there’s no better way to see it than from your very own boat. Go take in the natural beauty for a while, and it might give you a new lease on life.
Does it seem like your only family activity these days is sitting around the TV? Spending time in front of the screen isn’t much of a bonding activity, and it will be good for your relationship with your entire family to get out of the house. As you take to the waters of surrounding South Florida, you’ll start to feel a sense of camaraderie as you participate in activities together and make unforgettable memories. You don’t have to be just a silent captain, either. If you help teach everyone a little bit about boat health and how to navigate, it will foster a sense of teamwork.
The benefits of operating a boat go far beyond simply mental health. There are also a great deal of physical health benefits to be gained. There are so many great activities to enjoy on the water, ranging from swimming to water sports and beyond. Depending on the type of boating you do, you might even be getting a surprising amount of physical activity just by operating the boat.
There are numerous benefits to increasing your level of physical activity:
- Improve your memory and brain function. This may come as a surprise that an active body will actually help you maintain a healthy brain as well.
- Good physical health might help reduce your exposure to many types of chronic diseases.
- Staying active will help you remain fit.
- After a long day of doing physical activities in the Florida sun, you may sleep better than you have in years.
- Getting energy out through physical activity can help combat feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- While particularly grueling exercise might leave you sore for a short time, regular activity actually helps with a lot of stiffness and joint pain.
- Keeping your body moving will help you stay strong and maintain your balance.
- Many sources link higher levels of physical activity to longer lifespans.
Freedom and Adventure
When you rent a boat and take it out for a few hours, you’re likely to feel a good deal of freedom that satisfies your thirst for adventure. That feeling is nothing compared to what you can achieve by owning your own boat, though. It’s yours to do with as you please, and you can take it wherever you want. If you want to go check out some of the best fishing spots near Florida, you can do that. If you prefer to take a self-guided tour of the Florida Keys, that’s an option, too. Depending on the type of vessel you have, you can even plan an adventure that lasts for days.
Owning a boat is a great source of pride and accomplishment for many people, and those feelings are rarely greater than when you get to host a gathering. If this sounds like something that will be important to you, make sure you get a boat with plenty of seating and other accommodations. Go for a dinner cruise and serve some drinks, show off your favorite fishing spot, or bring out all of the toys for a fun-filled day on the water. Your friends will be talking about it for weeks.
A Second Home and Long-Term Investment
There are certainly some costs to boat ownership, but many boat owners are pleased to find that they hold their value better than cars in many cases. Many people frame it almost more like purchasing a vacation home, especially because you can rent it out or let friends and family borrow it when you aren’t using it. Of course, there are also many benefits to which you just can’t assign a dollar value.
As you look at the list above, you’ll see serious benefits for your mental health, physical health, and relationship health. There isn’t much that’s more important than that. Once you buy your first boat, you’re likely to find that the little expenses like registration fees, boat slip fees, maintenance, and more are the best money you’ve ever spent.
Boats for Sale in South Florida
Here at Nautical Ventures Marine Super Store, we cherish our time on the water, and we want the same for our customers. That’s why we always take the time and put in the effort to make sure we get you in the best boat for your lifestyle. Contact us or visit any of our South Florida locations in Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, Stuart, or Sarasota.